Friday, June 20, 2008

Fiction Book Entry

Keller, I. (1983). The thingumajigs book of do's and don'ts. Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Ideals Publishing Corp.

Illustrator Dick Keller

The Thingumajigs Book of Do's and Don'ts is a fiction book about learning what is the right thing to do. The Thingumajings always do things the wrong way. They cheat, their grabby, they have bad manners, and their messy. They have to be taught what is right. The book makes bad behavior seem repulsive and good behavior very rewarding.

This book is a great way to teach young children manners. The book is funny and grabs childrens' attention. They will love seeing how silling the Thingujigs look breaking all the rules. I would use this book as part of a character education program or to start the year with procedures and routines.

As a child my mother read this book to me. It helped my understand what children look like to others when they misbehave. I never wanted to look like a Thingumajig.

This book is appropriate for ages 3-10.

No comments: